So many emotions have been seen by the entire family since the day we put Kris on the plane to start his new adventure with the military. Hannah was the most heartbroken of us all when he left as she just adores him SO much.
He had a rough go with basic training at first with leaving his family and friends behind this summer & the intense heat of the South didn't set well with my Northern boy well so while he made his first steps into the real world and doing what he has always set his heart & life into---with serving his country. He made it through basic training at Fort Jackson, SC and graduated Aug 14th.
Seeing him standing there in the middle of the parade field on graduation day---I can't describe the sense of pride I had for him and his fellow soldiers. I remember being that soldier but that's nothing compared to the pride of a mother watching her son become a fine soldier.
Sunday, October 04, 2009
Update.....Basic Graduation
Posted by Kim at 9:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment